About Me

Seattle, Washington
My family and I have been on a quest for better health for years. I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Body Ecology Coach. I truly believe that we should let food be our medicine and medicine be our food. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. I love to cook, wear aprons and I love to share my passion and knowledge for good food with people who crave it. I understand that when first starting out on this journey it can be overwhelming and feel impossible. It isn't. It's really just getting back to basics. It's a great feeling being in your kitchen with an apron on cooking awesome, amazing, healthy foods for people you love. It's an even better feeling to know that you are sharing with them and teaching them important life changing skills... helping them get back to the way things used to be. It is my intention to make this journey amazingly easy for you and yours to slip right into!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Salmon with Julienne Vegetables & Pumpkin Seed Pesto ~SO FUN AND YUMMY!!!

 Pesto Ingredients:

(put all ingredients into blender, food processor or Vitamix)
fresh garlic
cilantro (more cilantro than other ingredients)
parsley (small amount)
pumpkin seed oil (olive, coconut or grapeseed oils work too)
pumpkin seeds (soaked)
Celtic sea salt
dash of cayenne pepper

Pour in a bit of extra oil and process to desired consistency. Add more oil if too thick.

Ingredients:

salmon filets
coconut oil
carrot, julienne cut
zucchini, julienne cut
thin green beans
scallions, cut thinly lengthwise
sweet potato, julienne cut
parchment paper

Rub salmon filets with coconut oil
Place on rectangular piece of parchment paper
spread a layer of pesto on the salmon filets
arrange julienne veggies and green beans on top of salmon and pesto
roll parchment paper to seal flavors and place in shallow baking pan
bake in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until done

No comments:

Post a Comment