About Me

Seattle, Washington
My family and I have been on a quest for better health for years. I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Body Ecology Coach. I truly believe that we should let food be our medicine and medicine be our food. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. I love to cook, wear aprons and I love to share my passion and knowledge for good food with people who crave it. I understand that when first starting out on this journey it can be overwhelming and feel impossible. It isn't. It's really just getting back to basics. It's a great feeling being in your kitchen with an apron on cooking awesome, amazing, healthy foods for people you love. It's an even better feeling to know that you are sharing with them and teaching them important life changing skills... helping them get back to the way things used to be. It is my intention to make this journey amazingly easy for you and yours to slip right into!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Polenta Casserole

This made a great change of pace breakfast this morning.

POLENTA CASSEROLE

1 cup organic dry polenta (soaked in 2 cups water overnight and then drained and rinsed)
2 cups vegetable stock (if you don't soak your polenta first, which you REALLY should you will need to increase the liquid by about 3/4 cup or so)
1/4 cup cashew milk
Sea salt
Mexican Spices (optional)
Butter
Onions
Spinach
Raw Pepper Jack Cheese (leave this out for dairy free version)
Asparagus
Chard
Kale
Red Pepper
Carrots
Any vegetables you wish to use would work perfectly!

NOTE: If you do corn ALWAYS make sure it's organic. Corn is one of the most commonly GMO foods in the world and you don't want to be putting GMOs in your body!!

I chopped and sauteed all the veggies yesterday so this morning i took a cup or two of the veggies and spread them out on the bottom of a buttered (use coconut oil if you are omitting butter) pyrex baking dish. Bring the liquid to a boil in sauce pan and slowly stir in the polenta. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Add the mexican seasonings or whatever spices you want to use. Stir constantly until it starts to thicken (3 to 5 min). Pour polenta mixture over vegetables. Place little pats of butter and/or cheese on top of polenta if you are using dairy (goat cheese would also be delicious). Salt and pepper and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 min. I threw mine under the broiler for a minute to brown and crisp up the top. Serve vegetable side up and it looks really pretty! I need to get my camera fixed so i can start posting photos of my beautiful creations!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, is this okay for the Body Ecology diet? This looks great but am unclear if polenta is okay. Thanks!

    PS. I'm also curious which of your other recipes are body-ecology as well? It would be so helpful if they were labelled for stage 1 vs 2 for easy reference! Excited to try some.

    ReplyDelete