About Me

Seattle, Washington
My family and I have been on a quest for better health for years. I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Body Ecology Coach. I truly believe that we should let food be our medicine and medicine be our food. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen. I love to cook, wear aprons and I love to share my passion and knowledge for good food with people who crave it. I understand that when first starting out on this journey it can be overwhelming and feel impossible. It isn't. It's really just getting back to basics. It's a great feeling being in your kitchen with an apron on cooking awesome, amazing, healthy foods for people you love. It's an even better feeling to know that you are sharing with them and teaching them important life changing skills... helping them get back to the way things used to be. It is my intention to make this journey amazingly easy for you and yours to slip right into!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Teriyaki Salmon

Tonight i made great teriyaki salmon. Again, i searched around the internet for ideas and from there made up my recipe.

TERIYAKI SAUCE

1/2 cup wheat free tamari
1/8 cup ume plum vinegar (this is intense stuff so you can add less if you like)
1/2  - 3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
1 clove garlic
2 tsp honey or stevia to taste
pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
Splash Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp kuzu root starch dissolved in 4 tsp cold water

Mix all ingredients except for the kuzu mixture in a small sauce pan. Bring to boil. Turn down to simmer and reduce for 15 to 20 min. Add kuzu and bring back to a boil. Stir constantly until sauce thickens and clarifies. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a stainless steel pan melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil with 1 Tbsp butter over medium high heat. Add two large salmon fillets (skin side up) and continue cooking on medium high for about a minute. Reduce heat and cook another couple minutes. Fish should loosen from the pan and become easy to turn. When you turn the fish it should be slightly browned and starting to form a bit of a crust. Pour teriyaki sauce over fish and transfer the whole pan to a 350 degree oven until the fish starts to flake with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment